If you visit the forums you will see that they have been updated. The version of phpBB 3 was seriously out of date so I did a manual update to the latest version (it was too old for the automatic update) so the forum is now running on version 3.1.7-pl1.
As I mentioned in the forum update thread in the Website/Forums section, I decided a new theme was in order to better represent the XL Engine. Given the different types of games the engine will support, which include both sci-fi and fantasy, the previous theme just didn’t fit anymore. In addition the narrow footprint made larger images and lots of text difficult to deal with. Let me know what you think of the new look, of course tweaking or even whole different styles are possible.
On to the news. I recently managed to get Ubuntu installed on my desktop, a surprisingly painful process due to issues with the motherboard and UEFI. So I spent a good chunk of the day Saturday getting the XL Engine to compile and resolving dependencies. While I still have to work on the input and proper fullscreen rendering with multiple monitors – the engine does run, render properly and sound and music sound good was well.
So this means that Linux support has moved from Beta 4 to the initial build, Beta 1. To make this happen I will probably enlist some help a few weeks before the build with packaging for various Linux distributions.