Dark Textures

greenlight
Senior-Member

Re: Dark Textures

Postby greenlight » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:16 am

Nice textures, man! Have you read through the Texture Project thread? There is also a download package of many redone textures. I don't know how complete it is, I'm checking that right now. But maybe you don't have to do so much work anymore if you combine you textures with the ones already done.
In Soviet Russia books burn nazis...
LimLam

Postby LimLam » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:30 am

I've already told you it's not a floor texture: It's the texture for the altar.

And NO, i will not mix my textures with others. I can't believe you would even ask me.
Phobos Anomaly
Senior-Member

Postby Phobos Anomaly » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:07 am

Looks great, the dragon logo of the red flag can use some distortion to match the waves of the flag, but except for some tiling all looks very good so far, good job.

LimLam wrote:And NO, i will not mix my textures with others. I can't believe you would even ask me.

You mean that you will redo all the game textures by yourself?
greenlight
Senior-Member

Postby greenlight » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:24 pm

The texture pack that already exists contains over 300 textures, and it would be plain stupid to ignore them. Your style isn't significantly different from these and for a first complete package it should work out fine. If there are inconsistancies we can fix that later, but it would be simply great to have a single texture pack that works well and stable with DaggerXL.
LimLam

Postby LimLam » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:55 pm

I do these textures because i think it's fun, and i can finish up to 12 textures per day if i want. There are just some things that i cannot do, such as the paintings and such. But we'll see what will happen.

Greenlight, would you kindly send me the UI graphics from Daggerfall? I'm planning on doing them as well, you see. ;)

EDIT:
Image Image Image Image Image
greenlight
Senior-Member

Postby greenlight » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:46 am

I don't have the original files (at least not in a regular image file type, only buried in the game data), sorry. But you can find many of them here

But as there are already two UI projects going, I don't know how useful it would be to re-do them again. I don't know if I am in the position to request things, but it would be more useful to have all textues of daggerfall re-done at least once. Maybe contact some of the users who did the already existing texture pack and ask which textures are still missing and if they can send you the original files.
And yes, your work on these textures is great, I'd really like to have them as a mid-res texture pack. Just a thought: Can you do bump/parallax textures as well?
LimLam

Postby LimLam » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:55 am

I've never really understood how to make bump/normal maps actually. I know what they do, what it is, etc, but not how to do them. I have a plugin for Photoshop though that can turn images into bump maps, but they only work on square resolutions such as 128x128, 800x800, etc.

The thing that makes me not want to join the texture pack is because i have my style, my ideas, etc, and i want to keep the same design and style on everything. And since the Daggerfall graphics are so easy to remake, it won't take long before i've made all, if atleast most, of them.
Phobos Anomaly
Senior-Member

Postby Phobos Anomaly » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:37 pm

I understand that, I went for the textures too but I decided to postpone that to focus on the other graphics, It's just a ton of fun working with old game graphics.
Yodog337
Junior-Member

Postby Yodog337 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:12 pm

I think variety is the key factor here, you got your own style LimLam and that's great. I think you should all work together but work on the different regions to get a good sense of that variety. One thing that should remain firm is what resolution the community can agree on and also what or when is it suitable for bump mapping.

Maybe you can scrap up everyone together Phobos, seeing as you were one of the firsts here to start shelling out updated textures for UI and other.

Planning should be key, so we all know what page we are on. Or else it would be like a Jazz drummer playing with Post-Hardcore guitarists.... I speak from experience.
Looking through the past, into the future.
Phobos Anomaly
Senior-Member

Postby Phobos Anomaly » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:59 pm

Maybe yes, but LimLam has already stated his plans so he's out of that picture.

I guess when the beta finally comes out some people will come back and then maybe the texture project can be raise up again, in the mean time we can do nothing but wait or keep working alone in our own stuff.

Return to “Texture Project”