Need some mech sprites for a GZDoom mod

Off topic discussions that don't fit in any other categories.
LordMordecai

Need some mech sprites for a GZDoom mod

Postby LordMordecai » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:54 pm

I've recently got back into GZDoom modding and I'm making a mech-themed (think Armored Core) mod. I'm looking to replace all the enemies with mechs or other mechanical things such as tanks, or helicopters. Can anyone suggest (DOS) games that have 8 rotation mech (or other war machine) sprites I can shamelessly rip (and give credit for) and throw into my mod? I'm using stuff from Strife right now, but that can only provide so much variety. I seem to recall Realm667 having a mech in the Doom-Style bestiary, but Realm667 is down at the moment (hopefully not forever.)

If a game has enemies that can edited relatively easily to look mech-like, that would also be appreciated.

Any suggestions?
yoyolll

Re: Need some mech sprites for a GZDoom mod

Postby yoyolll » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:52 pm

Do you mean something like the old BattleTech and Mechwarrior games? IIRC, BattleTech wasn't first person, but MechWarrior was. I'm not entirely sure though.

Do you have published doom mods? Could you post links? I love trying out people's doom mods.
Intel Pentium II 233 Mhz
128 MB ram
i740 8mb @ 220 Mhz
15 gb HDD
Gez
Senior-Member

Postby Gez » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:42 am

There's some in Mars 3D.

Keez ma ess!

Maybe CyClones as well. Style should be close enough to Doom to mostly work. In Mars 3D's case, mostly because they're using liberal doses of modified Doom/Heretic/Duke 3D/etc. art assets.
Dubba_D

Postby Dubba_D » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:05 pm

5: 35 "Kiss my @$$"?

:lol:
LordMordecai

Postby LordMordecai » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:20 pm

yoyolll wrote:Do you have published doom mods? Could you post links? I love trying out people's doom mods.

Sadly, I do not. I plan on maybe publishing this one, but I can't guarantee anything.

Gez wrote:There's some in Mars 3D.

Oh, wow, I saw that same video some time ago. It reminds of Plunder and Pillage, ironically, a game about pirates which stole Strife, Heretic, Hexen, Blood, and among others, sprites and textures. Admittedly, I think a pirate themed FPS is pretty cute.

Also, thanks for the suggestion, I had totally forgotten about that game.
Dubba_D

Postby Dubba_D » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:30 pm

quote="Gez"]There's some in Mars 3D.

Oh, wow, I saw that same video some time ago. It reminds of Plunder and Pillage, ironically, a game about pirates which stole Strife, Heretic, Hexen, Blood, and among others, sprites and textures. Admittedly, I think a pirate themed FPS is pretty cute.

[/quote]

Actually, you've peaked my curiosity. Could you send a link to P&P?
Gez
Senior-Member

Postby Gez » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:25 pm

LordMordecai wrote:Oh, wow, I saw that same video some time ago. It reminds of Plunder and Pillage, ironically, a game about pirates which stole Strife, Heretic, Hexen, Blood, and among others, sprites and textures. Admittedly, I think a pirate themed FPS is pretty cute.

This thing?

It's a Duke Nukem TC, so plundered assets are to be expected. I prefer Pirate Doom, though.

Return to “Off Topic”