On higher difficulty settings, the monsters have more hit points and their attacks deal more damage. However, after loading a saved game the attack damage increases on lower difficulty levels and decreases on higher difficulty. The monsters still have the same amount of hit points on higher difficulties. This bug is known to occur in all versions of the game, starting with the first shareware release (v0.99).
Out of the five difficulty levels available, only the third one is not affected by this bug.
Major. The bug seriously affects game mechanics, making harder difficulties easier, and vice versa.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Start a new game (episode one is the most obvious choice) on any difficulty setting but the third one.
2. Save the game.
3. Get out of the crypt and allow the first zombie you encounter to attack you. If on higher difficulty settings, try to manoeuvre so that only one zombie attacks you at a time. Take note of how much damage you take.
4. Load the saved game and repeat the procedure. If on higher difficulty, you will take less damage. If on lower, the damage will increase dramatically (most noticeable on the lowest difficulty).
5. Restart the level and repeat the procedure. You will notice that the damage dealt by the monsters' attacks is again correctly proportional to the difficulty level. You can load a saved game once more, and the damage again will change.
6. Start the game on the third difficulty level (Lightly Broiled). Repeat all the above steps. The damage will stay the same regardless of whether a new game is started or a saved game is loaded.
The damage dealt by monsters changes after a saved game is loaded. On higher settings, monsters deal less damage, and on lower settings they do more.
The damage dealt by monsters is supposed to stay the same after a saved game is loaded.
There appears to be no way to circumvent this bug.
The only "workaround" is to play on the difficulty level which is unaffected by the bug, or on the fourth difficulty where the damage decrease is not very significant.
Report the undead bugs crawling through Blood.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest