Stone gargoyles cannot hit the player

Report the undead bugs crawling through Blood.
yhe1
Poster

Stone gargoyles cannot hit the player

Postby yhe1 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:31 pm

Bug description:

Stone Gargoyles cannot hit the player when the player is crouched.

Severity:

Major. This bugs changes the gameplay.

Workaround:

None
Manhs
Junior-Member

Re: Stone gargoyles cannot hit the player

Postby Manhs » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:28 pm

Is it in the original game ? Because XLengine wont change the code of the gameplay of the game, not sure about that. But if it's made for it....?
I play with the dosbox version so i have no idea if it was the same problem with the Windows95/97 version...
Usually i keep a short range with the Stone Gargoyles to be sure he won't use the lasers and can't slash me :)
MrFlibble

Postby MrFlibble » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:39 am

Manhs wrote:Is it in the original game ?

I have not played Blodd much and cannot verify this (especially since I don't own the latest version, v1.21), but it is supposed to be a bug found in the original DOS version.

Manhs wrote:Because XLengine wont change the code of the gameplay of the game, not sure about that.

The entire purpose of this forum section is to document bugs found in the original game, so that Lucius can fix them when implementing Blood in the XLEngine. The "vanilla mode" for each supported game is not going to introduce gameplay changes, but bugs are planned to be fixed.

Manhs wrote:I play with the dosbox version so i have no idea if it was the same problem with the Windows95/97 version...

What do you mean by Windows95 version? I thought Blood only had a DOS release.
Manhs
Junior-Member

Postby Manhs » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:04 pm

Oh, sorry ! Sometimes, im not goot to explain stuff x)
People told me the game is different with windows95/98, but i remember, it's because the game run faster with this version of windows (better than dosbox).
Not sure about the bug.... Lucious must know what to do with it ^^
But i think its something from the game, i was able to kill 1 stone gargoyle in extracrispy in the last map of the first episode, i used crouch and the pitchfork to finish him because no more ammo... a long time ago.
Maybe im wrong...

Return to “Blood (DOS Bugs)”