Requests,,,

Engine feature requests, game specific requests occur in the sub-forums.
DovahkiinDemon

Requests,,,

Postby DovahkiinDemon » Thu May 17, 2012 4:57 pm

Since I'm pretty new here I'm moving my "recommendation" page here from General Discussion. Sorry :/ . Originally I had posted:

"Only recently did i see that Daggerfall was being improved. I think this thing has a lot of potential. I always wanted to see a better version of this great game. Anyways I have a couple of suggestions for the game, so here they are:

1. Children. I would like to see some children in this game. A lot of these RPGs dont have kids! I just think it adds to the game.

2. Realistic Walls. Yes you might wanna stick to the classic walls, but personally I would like to see some 3D in it. Like where the bricks are, put some dents in it like you might in a dark fantasy dungeon.

3. (I might post some more suggestions. Designers please read these posts!)

Thanks! :) "

And another thing... (this is my opinion btw) [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9PqMZZ6Pdo&feature=relmfu] The 3D inventory... I think it looks ugly. I like the original 'paper=doll' figure better. IT MAY BE GOOD if it is improved, alot. Make it look better, or just improve the paper-doll figure. And I think he should either have underwear on or have genitals at least. Just like realistic games. It just looks... wrong, IDK but if u have suggestions or comments please do. This is the Dovahkiin signing off.
Freak2121
Voxelizer
Voxelizer

Re: Requests,,,

Postby Freak2121 » Thu May 17, 2012 6:36 pm

DovahkiinDemon wrote:1. Children. I would like to see some children in this game. A lot of these RPGs dont have kids! I just think it adds to the game.

That would be something for modders to do, definitely possible.
2. Realistic Walls. Yes you might wanna stick to the classic walls, but personally I would like to see some 3D in it. Like where the bricks are, put some dents in it like you might in a dark fantasy dungeon.

That is also something for modders to do, unless you mean parallax mapping/ displacement mapping. As far as I know, both are planned.
And another thing... (this is my opinion btw) [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9PqMZZ6Pdo&feature=relmfu] The 3D inventory... I think it looks ugly. I like the original 'paper=doll' figure better. IT MAY BE GOOD if it is improved, alot. Make it look better, or just improve the paper-doll figure. And I think he should either have underwear on or have genitals at least. Just like realistic games. It just looks... wrong, IDK but if u have suggestions or comments please do. This is the Dovahkiin signing off.

Then tell that to rhymer. ;) That's not XLEngine, by the way. That's just a sketch of what it could possibly be (with that mod/feature). If you don't like a feature in XLEngine, you always have the option to turn it off. You can play the games the way they were a decade ago or you can use optional features. Nothing is forced.
Hadakajime

Postby Hadakajime » Thu May 17, 2012 7:42 pm

Naming a thread "requests..." in a forum called "Engine Feature Requests" is not exactly helpful for board users and administrators... :|
rhymer
Junior-Member

Postby rhymer » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:18 am

DovahkiinDemon wrote:The 3D inventory... I think it looks ugly. I like the original 'paper=doll' figure better.

What actually don't you like in that inventory? It is just a test to show a concept and the model was made just as a placeholder - it would be for sure improwed if sometimes 3d menu is implemented. The thing which really needs improvement is layout - but I'm not quite sure how to change it. Also, I tried to keep the old-school type menu but I personaly prefer something a bit mor simple and not so overloaded.

So this menu now really looks ugly. But I want to know what improvements should be done.
Hadakajime

Postby Hadakajime » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:44 am

I can suggest one improvement:

The item stats box down the bottom-middle could be removed and implemented as a tooltip when the user hovers the cursor over an item.

Thoughts?
Gez
Senior-Member

Postby Gez » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:49 am

I wouldn't worry about the 3D inventory anyway since the engine itself will emulate the originals as faithfully as possible. So if you don't like Rhymer's hypothetical 3D inventory mod, then all you need to do is not to download and install it.
DovahkiinDemon

Postby DovahkiinDemon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:26 pm

[Comment removed due to me not caring]
Last edited by DovahkiinDemon on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DovahkiinDemon

Postby DovahkiinDemon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:28 pm

I wasn't trying to upset anyone, just my opinion. If were going with that I just thought it would need more improvement
DovahkiinDemon

Postby DovahkiinDemon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:33 pm

I really like (is lutojar that person's name?)'s work. But if were going with that for NPC portraits, wont that mean modifying the sprites again? If so (although it may look great) wouldn't that make the NPC's out of place? considering we have an almost toon-like world, then you throw in high-resolution sprites into it :| idk, share your thoughts
Hadakajime

Postby Hadakajime » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:26 pm

There's already a texture project to introduce enhanced textures, etc.

Return to “Engine Feature Requests”