Terminal Velocity/Fury3/Hellbender

Engine feature requests, game specific requests occur in the sub-forums.
StrikerMan780

Re: Terminal Velocity/Fury3/Hellbender

Postby StrikerMan780 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:44 am

Klasodeth wrote:Ok, here's the PNG version:

thumbnail

Thanks! That works perfectly. :)

Gez wrote:Dunno.

That won't work, since it needs to be exactly 640x480 in resolution. That will get horrendously stretched vertically.
Got my hands on Terminal Velocity's source code. But since XL Engine is dead, I'll never be able to write a module for it. So, standalone port it is...
Gez
Senior-Member

Postby Gez » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:09 am

Letterbox it by adding 130 lines of black pixels. I figured the "F!Zone" part was useless; and if it's removed both covers have the same height. No way to shoehorn Hellbender's cover art in the freed space, though.
StrikerMan780

Postby StrikerMan780 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Gez wrote:Letterbox it by adding 130 lines of black pixels. I figured the "F!Zone" part was useless; and if it's removed both covers have the same height. No way to shoehorn Hellbender's cover art in the freed space, though.

Hellbender doesn't run on this version of the engine. Hellbender's engine is much more advanced.
Got my hands on Terminal Velocity's source code. But since XL Engine is dead, I'll never be able to write a module for it. So, standalone port it is...
StrikerMan780

Postby StrikerMan780 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:57 pm

It may be a bit yet before I can get this out. I'm running into a very aggravating issue where I cannot find the Y positioning and Y Size of the text scrolling buffer in the first briefing screen. (Found the X Positioning and Width, but the height parameter is nowhere to be seen, and may be part of some array somewhere that I cannot find for the life of me.)

This causes the briefing text to just overlap the last line, and it becomes unreadable.

If someone with the knowledge of assembly and debuggers could help me figure out this complicated puzzle, I'd be ecstatic.
StrikerMan780

Postby StrikerMan780 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:23 pm

Made a major breakthrough on the Large map and Minimap code!

Juris
Junior-Member

Postby Juris » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:12 pm

Wow, congrats about map! I remember how I was flying by map for powerups, just because. I guess because I just liked to fly around more and more :)
Gamer121
Lurker

Postby Gamer121 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:58 pm

It's nice to know I'm not the only doing a project somewhat similar to this on a variation of this game engine. Pretty cool work, we'll have to have a chat at some point once I get the ability to PM.
StrikerMan780

Postby StrikerMan780 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:26 pm

Gamer121 wrote:It's nice to know I'm not the only doing a project somewhat similar to this on a variation of this game engine. Pretty cool work, we'll have to have a chat at some point once I get the ability to PM.

Which game would that be?
Juris
Junior-Member

Postby Juris » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:37 pm

Gamer121, would you share what project you working on?
Gamer121
Lurker

Postby Gamer121 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:53 am

Oh how could I have forgot that, it's called the 4x4 Evolution Revival Project. Despite the the obvious difference, the underlying technology handing the terrain is the same as Terminal Velocity. I could be wrong but I believe it to be the 2nd most advanced version of this game engine, with Fly! 2 being the last game I know of using it.

There was a publically released track editor you can use to generate the .RAW, .CLR, and .TEX files that would likely work with TV, get creative and making new levels wouldn't be much of a stretch.

https://sites.google.com/site/4x4evoupdates/

Return to “Engine Feature Requests”