Outlaws?

Esterio

Outlaws?

Postby Esterio » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:59 am

What's the game Outlaws like?

I am not a big old school PC gamer like some people in this community so don't bash on me because I don't know what it is...
ESTERIO
"PLAYER OF MORROWIND"
Aliotroph?
Senior-Member

Re: Outlaws?

Postby Aliotroph? » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:18 pm

Good question. I've been playing PC games for 25 years and I have no idea what Outlaws is like. I think it's a bit obscure.
jet800
Senior-Member

Postby jet800 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:18 am

Here's video of into cinematic and full 1st level of gameplay. Also it features a HD mode which works a bit weird(you'll see) but still:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybEZl3w0b_w
Last edited by jet800 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esterio

Postby Esterio » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:07 pm

This actually looks really fun! It reminds me of Doom (just because it is a fast paced shooter).
ESTERIO
"PLAYER OF MORROWIND"
Aliotroph?
Senior-Member

Postby Aliotroph? » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:35 pm

The guy's daughter sounded familiar. Turns out the voice actor has been in everything I remember from when I was kid. IMDB has all the credits

The game has a sweet soundtrack. Of course all westerns now have the same type of soundtrack. What did they have before the 60s?

Here's the Moby Games page
Truffle
Poster

Postby Truffle » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:35 pm

This game is great fun but a bit of a challenge to play on modern PCs. I've got it running on my windows 7 64 bit machine but there are some problems when using today's graphics cards. Although LucasArts released an official Direct3D patch it no longer works correctly. At least not on nvidia cards. You have to run it in a Glide emulator/wrapper for best results.

It is old school FPS. Fast action, simple mechanics. The single player story mode is one of the most memorable games I've played. Though I've spent most of my time playing multiplayer. Even today I'll occasionally play a game with the few of us that still play (we always want more).

Multiplayer modes are Death match, team play, Capture the Flag, and something called Kill the fool with the chicken. Whoever has the chicken is everyone's target and whoever stays alive longest with the chicken wins the game. There are also a couple of hidden game modes. One is Tag and is only available through custom made levels. The other is called Secret Document but apparently was unfinished by LucasArts and I don't think anyone knows what it was supposed to be. And speaking of custom levels, there are over 2,000 to choose from and some level designers were very creative.

I have a website, olhideout.net, and am trying to archive all the maps with screenshots and reviews with the help of a few other long time outlaws players, namely doc_briandms. Feel free to check it out if you want. We currently have screenshots and reviews for 780 maps, but I haven't completed the redesign of the site so you can only see the 12 most recent reviews plus on every page you load it picks about 15 or so random ones and places them in a scrolling window at the top of the page.
kyle2k
Poster

Postby kyle2k » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:35 am

Great post, my friend!

Outlaws is an incredible game, like you said. However I'm having a hard time trying to find a way to play Outlaws in Windows 8.1 x64. I have the original game AND the iso images, but I cannot manage to install it.

Any help to find an x64 bit installer will but much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Gez
Senior-Member

Postby Gez » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:17 am

Aliotroph? wrote:The guy's daughter sounded familiar. Turns out the voice actor has been in everything I remember from when I was kid. IMDB has all the credits

She certainly has an impressive resume.

Return to “General Discussion”