What If? (DAGGERFALL)

General XL Engine discussion.
Esterio

Re: What If? (DAGGERFALL)

Postby Esterio » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:06 am

Well it feels like Bethesda is already being greedy (I pulled this from their FAQ off of the Elder Scrolls Online Website)

What payment model will The Elder Scrolls Online use?
We will be announcing exact payment methods at a later date, but globally we will be supporting multiple payment options. Players must purchase The Elder Scrolls Online in order to play it. They will have unlimited access for the first 30 days following activation and can continue beyond that with a subscription of $14.99/month (€12.99 / £8.99).

So if they make you pay 60$ for the game then have to pay 15$ a month... One reason I am not getting the game, but if they do something like this why won't they bother in the XLEngine's development, so they can make more money??? Probably.
ESTERIO
"PLAYER OF MORROWIND"
Lazaroth
Senior-Member

Postby Lazaroth » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:18 pm

Esterio wrote:Well it feels like Bethesda is already being greedy

ZeniMax Online Studios
HoonDing

Postby HoonDing » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:42 am

Lazaroth wrote:

ZeniMax Online Studios

Well, in the end we won't have to worry about Zenimax Online Studios or Bethesda Game Studios (Todd Howard and the gang), since their job is to make games, not publish/license/distribute them. We'd have to worry about Zenimax itself, although it doesn't seem like they care much about Daggerfall.

I didn't know they lost the source code, though. That's... kinda hilarious. Sucks, but, lol.
Esterio

Postby Esterio » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:40 am

Lazaroth wrote:

ZeniMax Online Studios

Whatever... :lol:
ESTERIO
"PLAYER OF MORROWIND"
Aliotroph?
Senior-Member

Postby Aliotroph? » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:02 pm

If you play an MMO constantly than even $60 per month would be a far better value than most forms of entertainment. Seriously. Price it out. Going to movies, playing organized sports, skiing, golfing, drinking, clubbing, ballroom dancing, laser tag, paintball, etc. all cost a fortune compared to gaming. The only things that really compete well with it are anything you don't have to pay for at all, and TV/Netflix or reading (if you read free stuff or used books).
Esterio

Postby Esterio » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:20 pm

Aliotroph? wrote:If you play an MMO constantly than even $60 per month would be a far better value than most forms of entertainment. Seriously. Price it out. Going to movies, playing organized sports, skiing, golfing, drinking, clubbing, ballroom dancing, laser tag, paintball, etc. all cost a fortune compared to gaming. The only things that really compete well with it are anything you don't have to pay for at all, and TV/Netflix or reading (if you read free stuff or used books).

But I am not one of those people who just play video games... I like variety I guess you could say :lol:
ESTERIO
"PLAYER OF MORROWIND"
Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:37 pm

Lazaroth wrote:

ZeniMax Online Studios

Bethesda Softworks. The publisher tends to dictate the pricing and gets the money from sales and subscriptions, and then they feed part of it back to the developers as they see fit (for offline/non-recurring-payment games, the developers usually get all their money up front and little, if anything, from sales).
Lazaroth
Senior-Member

Postby Lazaroth » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:12 pm

Chris wrote:Bethesda Softworks

You can argue that, and you can argue that directives come from even higher up, i.e. ZeniMax Media. Though I highly doubt the ambiguous Bethesda was anything other than a reference to Bethesda Game Studios, especially considering Esterio's response. Anyhow, this is a subject I will not delve into any further since I couldn't care less about TESO.
Taraking
Lurker

Postby Taraking » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:01 am

I agree with yoyolll.

Return to “General Discussion”