DF-21.NET offline?

Discussions related to the XLEngine website, blog or forums.
Klasodeth
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: DF-21.NET offline?

Postby Klasodeth » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:20 pm

So far there has been no resolution with the company that had been hosting DF-21. I've been working to get DF-21 back online with a web host I already use, but I've been so busy the last couple of weeks that I haven't had time to really work on getting the site online. I have a maintenance page created now, so once the domain redirect kicks in, visitors to DF-21.net will at least have a Star Wars-themed indication that the site isn't dead. As far as I understand, it will take up to 48 hours for the redirect to take effect. Meanwhile, I'm working on getting DF-21 onto the new host. I'm hoping to have time during the week to work on the site, otherwise I'll have to wait until the weekend to make any real headway.
I'm frequently online in the #xlengine.projects channel at irc.freenode.net as Klasodeth, Klaso, or KLA.
Klasodeth
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby Klasodeth » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:24 am

DF-21 is finally back online. Without a proper backup, the site had to be reconstructed from multiple sources. Unfortunately there is some data loss, as mentioned in a news post over there. Most of the data survived though. For anyone who goes to the site and encounters the "DF-21 is offline" message, that's because the maintenance message is stored in your browser cache. Refreshing the page should force the page to load. In my case however, it still kept trying to show the cached maintenance page when returning to the DF-21 home page. For anyone else who encounters that, clearing the browser cache fixes that problem.
I'm frequently online in the #xlengine.projects channel at irc.freenode.net as Klasodeth, Klaso, or KLA.
Klasodeth
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby Klasodeth » Wed May 25, 2016 10:41 pm

Looks like DF-21 is offline at the moment. Domain registration is current, but for some reason it's acting like DNS information is missing, even though the DNS information is present. I'm looking into the problem, but no ETA just yet on when the site will be back online.
Klasodeth
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby Klasodeth » Thu May 26, 2016 8:44 am

DF-21 should be back online now. For whatever reason, the nameserver info managed to disappear, so it had to be re-added.

Return to “Website/Forum Discussions”