File structure

Shifty
Lurker

File structure

Postby Shifty » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:39 pm

I guess I just wanted to post to express my interest in this project, but I have many questions.

Are there any plans to change how we mod this game? Like updated tools etc.
As far as I know we cannot currently create new NWX files, so if i wanted to give everyone a sword or something, I'd have to edit the nwx for punching fists and save it into my outlaws folder. I was just thinking if all that were integrated into a windowed editor for levels and file structure that'd be pretty handy
Klasodeth
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: File structure

Postby Klasodeth » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:54 am

OutlawsXL will benefit from the same scripting support the other games will. This means you will be able to make a wide assortment of modifications without having to resort to altering existing assets. Basically, you'll be able to add assets instead of just replacing them. To use your sword example, you would be able to create a new sword weapon without losing the punching fists in the process. With the scripting, you'd even be able to make it act like a sword, as opposed to retextured fists.

After the first batch of games hits beta (which includes OutlawsXL) Lucius plans to work on tools to support the games. This means that the level editor currently being worked on for DarkXL will also support OutlawsXL.
I'm frequently online in the #xlengine.projects channel at irc.freenode.net as Klasodeth, Klaso, or KLA.
Aliotroph?
Senior-Member

Postby Aliotroph? » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:36 pm

I wonder how long it will be from then before all the games have clones of the most popular DM maps from DooM and Quake. Gamers are often very predictable people. :D
Shifty
Lurker

Postby Shifty » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:06 pm

I know that Outlaws already has such maps haha
luciusDXL
XL Engine Developer / Site Admin
XL Engine Developer / Site Admin

Postby luciusDXL » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:23 pm

The plan is for existing mods to function as expected. New mods can be built using the in-game tools - which will be a focus once the current games reach Beta - which will lift many of the limitations (such as not being able to add new NWX files).
TumAdette
Senior-Member

amatrices vicieuses

Postby TumAdette » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:20 pm

Download: [url=http://exhchnger.com/search.php?f=魔法少女]魔法少女[/url] .
Torrent: Prevenge.2016.720P.WWW.MP4D.COM .
Online: Sleepless .
Add Channels torrent.

Shipping & Return Policy

Gzim Nika

Return to “Mods / Addons”