Blood Hi-Res Project - Updates in first post.

Alex2501

Re: Blood Hi-Res Project - Updates in first post.

Postby Alex2501 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:10 pm

An idea for horde mode: Points are awarded not just by who survives and number of zombie kills but you can also get style points like in Bullet Storm. You get more points by killing huge hordes of zombies with explosives, flare guns, and by combining the two (setting them on fire and then blowing them up) nets you more points.

Possibly have an alt-fire for the Voodoo doll in Horde mode, if you use it on another player it will direct all of the zombies after him for a brief period of time.
DosBoss
Junior-Member

Postby DosBoss » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:18 pm

Inspiring creativity in your killing, I like it,
Alex2501

Postby Alex2501 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:20 pm

Thanks.

One idea for Bloodier: A quad Shotgun like in Phantasm 2. http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/attachment ... 1332086815 http://inlinethumb32.webshots.com/45599 ... 500Q85.jpg

Transforms the Shotgun into a handcannon that wipes out pretty much everything in front of it in massively gory gibs. No long range and no alt fire.

On that note: Would it be possible to bring the Orb weapon from Blood 2 into Bloodier? http://blood-wiki.org/index.php/Orb It was one of the few good ideas in Blood 2, if not than something resembling the Cerebral Bore from Turok 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEKLa373SIw
DosBoss
Junior-Member

Postby DosBoss » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:33 pm

That shotgun looks mean :P

it would require drawing from scratch I would say, but the idea of a cerebral bore makes me laugh, i can imagine the cultists running around hands in air screaming whilst brain matter squirts out of their face :P
Alex2501

Postby Alex2501 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:13 am

An implementation of Bloodlust would be interesting...

(Taken from the Blood Wiki page)

Bloodlust
While under QStudios, one of the undeveloped features of Blood was that of Bloodlust. With each enemy killed, a Bloodlust meter would increase, until it reached capacity. At that point, Caleb would transform into the Beast, with increased strength and speed, but less choice in weaponry. In order to maintain this mode, the player would have to continue killing, or risk reverting to human form. Although this feature was not included in the final version, the central plot line still centralizes around this idea, as Tchernobog declares his reason for condemning Caleb was that he would return with the power of all the lives he took.
Another dropped feature was the ability to play as the other Chosen, which was included in the sequel. Likely, each player would have transformed into a different creature, which likely became Tchernobog's lieutenants. The credits for Blood can be found: here.
Tenpazen
Lurker

Postby Tenpazen » Fri May 25, 2012 1:16 pm

This is some awesome stuff you're got here, always wished that someone would re-do the blood texture set and eliminate some of the pixelated funk from the detailed parts; guess I got my wish

Also I had a pretty neat (at least I think so) idea

It would be an alt-fire for the pitch fork that could make it a bit more useful, it could either be a charge attack (hold down alt-fire and the pitchfork backs up) and releasing it would cause a powerful thrust that could stun and push enemies away; either that or just make it able to whack enemies away from you like a baseball bat
Alex2501

Postby Alex2501 » Fri May 25, 2012 10:40 pm

I think a charge attack for the Pitchfork would be best. And could lead to some awesome fatality animations.
DosBoss
Junior-Member

Postby DosBoss » Mon May 28, 2012 10:09 pm

Thanks for the input and feedback guys!
means a lot.

Just stopping by to say that progress as of late has been a little slow as my computer needs a new PSU, hopefully won't be out of commission for to much longer!

I do love the idea for a charge attack on the pitchfork, it's something I thought about myself before, as it's (from memory) the only weapon in blood NOT to have an alternate fire, the trick will be making it balanced, in higher difficulties the standard attack will not knock zombies down like it sometimes does on easier settings, perhaps a charged attack can do a little more damage AND knock enemies down even at higher difficulties, good for crowd control at least, but we'll see! :D
Alex2501

Postby Alex2501 » Tue May 29, 2012 4:27 pm

You could do what Sgt. Mark did in Brutal Doom to balance it out.

The weapons and items you have may be better but the enemies do more damage and have improved A.I.

That would greatly even it out.
DosBoss
Junior-Member

Postby DosBoss » Tue May 29, 2012 10:24 pm

Absolutely!

enhanced AI is one of the first things on the list I wanted to do (at least start anyway) so making them more deadly would definitely compliment that

Return to “Mods / Addons”