New Look and more news

XL Engine News
luciusDXL
XL Engine Developer / Site Admin
XL Engine Developer / Site Admin

New Look and more news

Postby luciusDXL » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:31 pm

As you can see the forums have been updated. The version of phpBB 3 was seriously out of date so I did a manual update to the latest version (it was too old for the automatic update) so the forum is now running on version 3.1.7-pl1.

As I mentioned in the forum update thread in the Website/Forums section, I decided a new theme was in order to better represent the XL Engine. Given the different types of games the engine will support, which include both sci-fi and fantasy, the previous theme just didn't fit anymore. In addition the narrow footprint made larger images and lots of text difficult to deal with. Let me know what you think of the new look, of course tweaking or even whole different styles are possible.

On to the news. I recently managed to get Ubuntu installed on my desktop, a surprisingly painful process due to issues with the motherboard and UEFI. So I spent a good chunk of the day Saturday getting the XL Engine to compile and resolving dependencies. While I still have to work on the input and proper fullscreen rendering with multiple monitors - the engine does run, render properly and sound and music sound good was well.

So this means that Linux support has moved from Beta 4 to the initial build, Beta 1. To make this happen I will probably enlist some help a few weeks before the build with packaging for various Linux distributions.
stc105
Junior-Member

Re: New Look and more news

Postby stc105 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:31 pm

I feel weird with this new look.
Dubba_D

Re: New Look and more news

Postby Dubba_D » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:44 pm

Oooo...modern. Almost reminds me of Nexus Forums.

Would be nice to see an actual modding page once it's out of beta. Hell, even if it's still a beta

Return to “News”