Please stop announcing and then delaying

XL Engine News
Voiid
Lurker

Re: Please stop announcing and then delaying

Postby Voiid » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:06 pm

Blood CM is NOT 100% accurate. I think the people who say that have never played the original game. It is the best attempt I have ever seen and for the most part it does look like Blood, but to a true Bloodite there is flaws. The physics suck, throwing TNT at a monster is disappointing, not like it was in the original where they'd rocket up into the air or their guts would fly around in such a cartoony manor. You can also hit Zombies while they are laying down. The burning animation is all wrong, there isn't even the sound when they first burst into flames (which I believe Monolith used the Duke 'thud/footstep' sound for that). Also the Fanatics tommy gun makes the same noise as the player's, but it was different in the original. Ok that is a little minor, but the physics are the main thing they need to sort out, if it is even possible, even kicking a zombie head isn't as fun. I am sad if people will be playing CM as a replacement for the original, they will be missing out on one of the funnest elements. The physics are the same as Dooms as of now.

Return to “News”