Level Editor?

Deimos
Site Staff
Site Staff

Level Editor?

Postby Deimos » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:38 am

Hey Lucius, I know this was planned a long time ago, but I'm curious if you are still going to implement a level editor for use with Dark Forces? I've been having this nagging itch in the back of my head to finally get around to finishing my projects I started over a decade ago (my god, has it really been that long?).

WDFUSE has some quirks about it that are just frustrating to deal with and Dark Forge of course does not work on OSX anymore.

Or... I could always do things the hard way and learn to code and make a builder myself :P

Anyway, my long absences will hopefully become less frequent but, well, LIFE you know? Been building my rep as a photographer lately so my own personal projects to push that forward have taken priority (as well as my addiction to Minecraft ;_; )

But it's nice to see that the project is still moving forward, even if it is slow. Looing forward to seeing it go to Beta soon!
Burning Gundam from DF-21.net
Freak2121
Voxelizer
Voxelizer

Re: Level Editor?

Postby Freak2121 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:47 am

Yeah, he is. In fact, it's partially done at the moment.
luciusDXL
XL Engine Developer / Site Admin
XL Engine Developer / Site Admin

Postby luciusDXL » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:24 pm

Yes, the work I've already done towards the level editor will be picked up again and expanded upon. Ultimately the goal is a full built-in world builder that supports all the games that the XL Engine supports.

Here is a video from the 3D editing part of the editor. There is also a video somewhere of 2D editing, I might post that later.

Also there are a variety of editor screenshots that I've shown of the editor before. Obviously the new XL Engine sector editor will be more refined, etc., but you get the idea. :)

click on the images too see the full size image:
thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail
thumbnail thumbnail
Deimos
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby Deimos » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Yeah, I remember those shots when they were posted at DF-21 a few years back. Good to know :)

I look forward to getting back to work on my projects again, I've been going through withdrawals :lol:
Burning Gundam from DF-21.net

Return to “Feature Requests”