DarkXL Features/Options Request

NightOwl
Lurker
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:48 pm

DarkXL Features/Options Request

Postby NightOwl » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:36 am

Okay, first of all, I want to say hello to everyone, and to thank you, Lucius, for everything you've done, are doing now and will continue to do. I'm not in your shoes, and I'm certainly not expecting the moon, so to speak. I realize you do what you do for free, and anything and everything you add to DarkXL is a labor of love and is greatly appreciated by everyone. I know that there will eventually be a BETA release, and I would like to humbly request a few features/options that I think would be nice to have implemented into DarkXL, if possible. I don't know if the following is in the right topic section, but forgive my ignorance if it is not. Also, I don't know if this stuff has already been talked about, but again, forgive any ignorance on my part. Onto my little list...

* crouch toggle
* always sprint toggle
* independent x and y sensitivity adjustment
* field of view adjustment
* in-game gamma/brightness adjustment
* in-game save slots (possible quick save/load feature, too?)
* separate music and sound volume sliders
* mousewheel changes selected weapon
* option to disable the F key cheat

Okay, that's about all I can think of after completing the first level using DarkXL. Thanks for reading.

~ NightOwl
luciusDXL
XL Engine Developer / Site Admin
XL Engine Developer / Site Admin
Posts: 778
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:05 pm
Contact:

Re: DarkXL Features/Options Request

Postby luciusDXL » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:00 am

NightOwl wrote:* crouch toggle
* always sprint toggle
* independent x and y sensitivity adjustment
* field of view adjustment
* in-game gamma/brightness adjustment

Certainly possible.
NightOwl wrote:* in-game save slots (possible quick save/load feature, too?)

This is tricky. The gameplay was designed around the current system. I plan on looking at supporting alternate save systems in the future but not until the core game support is complete.
NightOwl wrote:* separate music and sound volume sliders
* mousewheel changes selected weapon
* option to disable the F key cheat
These are already planned.
hollowman
Lurker
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:35 pm

Re: DarkXL Features/Options Request

Postby hollowman » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:40 pm

Please luciusDXL, is it possible to implement "auto aim" and "keyboard only control" to the darkxl engine?
Maby others like me always played dark forces using keyboard only (without the need of using mouse, I would be very gratefull if it would be possblie to play dark forces with 3d acceleration with keyboard only, using keys inclusive to turn left/right...
Many thanks for all the work ;)
User avatar
Klasodeth
Site Staff
Site Staff
Posts: 456
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: DarkXL Features/Options Request

Postby Klasodeth » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:47 pm

hollowman wrote:Please luciusDXL, is it possible to implement "auto aim" and "keyboard only control" to the darkxl engine?
Maby others like me always played dark forces using keyboard only (without the need of using mouse, I would be very gratefull if it would be possblie to play dark forces with 3d acceleration with keyboard only, using keys inclusive to turn left/right...
Many thanks for all the work ;)

That's already a planned feature. :)
I'm frequently online in the #xlengine.projects channel at irc.freenode.net as Klasodeth, Klaso, or KLA.
J.B.R
Junior-Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:39 pm

Re: DarkXL Features/Options Request

Postby J.B.R » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:43 am

Yeah, turn left and right is very useful for me.
In the next version can you implant that?
luciusDXL
XL Engine Developer / Site Admin
XL Engine Developer / Site Admin
Posts: 778
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:05 pm
Contact:

Re: DarkXL Features/Options Request

Postby luciusDXL » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:58 pm

The Beta release (the next version) will allow you to play just like in the original (i.e. auto-aim, keyboard turning, etc.) as an option. You'll be able to pick and choose of course.
jamescovenant
Lurker
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:14 pm

Re: DarkXL Features/Options Request

Postby jamescovenant » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:15 pm

I can't figure out how to get secondary fire to work. I press the "R" key but it's the same as primary fire with the mouse. Thanks for your help!
hollowman
Lurker
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:35 pm

Re: DarkXL Features/Options Request

Postby hollowman » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:08 pm

luciusDXL wrote:The Beta release (the next version) will allow you to play just like in the original (i.e. auto-aim, keyboard turning, etc.) as an option. You'll be able to pick and choose of course.

Hi Lucius, I am confused here. Is Auto Aim is already implemented on this Beta release? Please, where can I download it?
User avatar
Klasodeth
Site Staff
Site Staff
Posts: 456
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: DarkXL Features/Options Request

Postby Klasodeth » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:24 pm

hollowman wrote:Hi Lucius, I am confused here. Is Auto Aim is already implemented on this Beta release? Please, where can I download it?

Unfortunately, the lure of DaggerXL combined with a very large stretch of having no free time has meant that the beta build he mentioned never materialized. As far as I'm aware, auto-aim has not been implemented in any released build. With the news about Interkarma's Daggerfall project, there's a possibility Lucius will be returning to DarkXL sooner rather than later. Even if that's the case, it's still going to be a few months before Lucius is in a position to resume work on DarkXL.
I'm frequently online in the #xlengine.projects channel at irc.freenode.net as Klasodeth, Klaso, or KLA.

Return to “Feature Requests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest