Crash in Nar Shaada

le5tat57
Lurker

Re: Crash in Nar Shaada

Postby le5tat57 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:03 pm

I can confirm that this happens to me too; it always crashes after the point I encounter first few bunches of stormtroopers. Not always the same place. But around that place.

From the log I gathered it's a ntdll.dll problem (it wasn't though but I didn't know that); I redownloaded and replaced my ntdll.dll in system32 and placed it in every subfolder of my darkxl folder; then, when testing it out, it crashed again saying that the problem was with the .exe file itself this time for change.
(I kinda broke my windows using this procedure btw; glad I have made a backup of ntdll.dll and that I have a live linux usb)

I'm stuck here. Cannot continue because laskip (skip level cheat) is not a recognizable command; cannot use the save I have in vanilla game version and vice versa. This has been going on for like 6 months now, just tested it out recently.

Aside from that, let me just say that the DarkXL is fucking awesome and I'm really looking forward for BloodXL :twisted: . Thanks for all your hard work.

EDIT: after I stopped being a lazy twat and actually browsed the forums for a little while, I was finally able to beat the level using the tip to launch the game with -nosound . Totally did the trick for me. On one occasion (being alttabbed out of the game while hearing the ingame music, then after couple of minutes the music suddenly looped and it crashed) it occured to me it had something to do with the music but I did not know about that command. Whoever thought it up, thanks!

Btw just a note, I'm using Win7 Home Premium 64-bit and the Steam version of the game (I installed the DarkXL to a DosBOX subfolder in the Dark Forces folder and renamed DarkXL.exe to a dosbox.exe to be able to use Steam app to launch and "track" the game)
Petersaber
Lurker

Postby Petersaber » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:43 pm

le5tat57 wrote:EDIT: after I stopped being a lazy twat and actually browsed the forums for a little while, I was finally able to beat the level using the tip to launch the game with -nosound . Totally did the trick for me. On one occasion (being alttabbed out of the game while hearing the ingame music, then after couple of minutes the music suddenly looped and it crashed) it occured to me it had something to do with the music but I did not know about that command. Whoever thought it up, thanks!

Thanks! That "fix" worked for me. Managed to beat Nar Shaddaa. Before I read this I tried to speedrun the level... imagine my anger when it crashed 2 steps away from the nav card.
spartanbp
Lurker

Postby spartanbp » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:16 pm

le5tat57 wrote:
EDIT: after I stopped being a lazy twat and actually browsed the forums for a little while, I was finally able to beat the level using the tip to launch the game with -nosound .

How do you do this?
chevi
Lurker

Postby chevi » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:44 am

This happened to me too, and the -nosound parameter on the shortcut did the job just fine.
Grunker
Lurker

Postby Grunker » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:40 am

I have this issue as well, how to I launch with -nosound?

Return to “Bugs”