Arena Music in Daggerfall?

yoyolll

Arena Music in Daggerfall?

Postby yoyolll » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:36 pm

I like Arena's soundtrack much better than Daggerfall's, I was wondering how hard it would be to make the Arena music play instead of Daggerfall's.

Here is the entire Arena soundtrack
Brings back memories doesn't it?

Arena's sitting on my hard drive somewhere, so I have all the tracks. Unfortunately, I don't think it has enough fans to do something similar to the Daggerxl music project, but would anyone know how to replace Daggerfall's tracks with Arena? I think it could be as simple as renaming the files to Daggerfall's tracks names and putting them in whatever directory Daggerfall has it's music in, overwriting the original files. Any thoughts?
Intel Pentium II 233 Mhz
128 MB ram
i740 8mb @ 220 Mhz
15 gb HDD
Klasodeth
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: Arena Music in Daggerfall?

Postby Klasodeth » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:44 pm

I'd sure love to hear Arena's music get the DaggerXL music project treatment. I've been wanting to make an Arena mod for DaggerXL, and having Arena's music in there too would be a nice touch.

Edited to add: You'd have to be able to put the music into the appropriate BSA file. I suspect the music would play just fine once it's in there, but that hinges on tools that allow adding assets to BSA archives rather than just viewing and extracting them.
I'm frequently online in the #xlengine.projects channel at irc.freenode.net as Klasodeth, Klaso, or KLA.
yoyolll

Postby yoyolll » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:54 pm

Ah I knew it couldn't be that simple with bethesda. Hopefully someone with enough time and knowledge will look into it.
Intel Pentium II 233 Mhz
128 MB ram
i740 8mb @ 220 Mhz
15 gb HDD
Gez
Senior-Member

Postby Gez » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:20 am

You'd need to convert the music to the appropriate format, too.

Arena uses XMI files; whereas Daggerfall uses HMI files.
HoonDing

Postby HoonDing » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:16 pm

Klasodeth wrote:I'd sure love to hear Arena's music get the DaggerXL music project treatment. I've been wanting to make an Arena mod for DaggerXL, and having Arena's music in there too would be a nice touch.

Edited to add: You'd have to be able to put the music into the appropriate BSA file. I suspect the music would play just fine once it's in there, but that hinges on tools that allow adding assets to BSA archives rather than just viewing and extracting them.

Would you be able to extract Daggerfall's BSA, add new tracks, and pack it as a new BSA with the same name? Or does the game have measures in place that make that impossible?
Gez
Senior-Member

Postby Gez » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:50 am

I'm pretty sure it's possible, you just need a Daggerfall BSA editor. And of course tools to convert MIDI to HMI. (Finding XMI-to-MIDI or HMI-to-MIDI is easy. It's the other way around that's hard.)

Return to “Music Project”