The DaggerXL Music Project (DLs in first post)

Adda

Re: The DaggerXL Music Project (DLs in first post)

Postby Adda » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:39 am

Thanks.

There will be more updates, it's probably best to wait till I'm done with the whole collection before including them in the first post.
By that point I'll make a post with links to all files, most likely zipped in bundles.
ThinkPad R60 - UXGA IPS - Core 2 Duo T7200 - Radeon X1300 64MB - 2x2GB - 7200.4 320GB - M2Tech hiFace Two - Atoll DAC 100 - Aragon 18k - AKG K240DF
Brendan_
Senior-Member

Postby Brendan_ » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:22 am

Adda wrote:SWIMMING synth style:

https://app.box.com/s/3fwsg4du8wwku38h051o

I feel like I'm in a movie from 1985. Good job!
Brendan_
Senior-Member

Postby Brendan_ » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:42 am

Adda wrote:Introducing 03! (Sentinel Market).

https://app.box.com/s/d3ywbhtswtobxnkd3f1x

At 0:43, the instrument choice and pitch bend make me think:

The Elder Scrolls, Chapter II: Mega Man
(imagine your own side-scrolling High Rock village and costumed Blue Bomber here)
jet800
Senior-Member

Postby jet800 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:55 pm

My mirror would be offline for 2-3 days due to harddisk failure, I've already ordered an replacement and all data is safe. New HDD should arrive at Wednesday, and it'll took couple of hours to migrate data.

Just in case someone would try to use it and find it unavailable.

update: it seems motherboard died too,so it would take much longer times, cause it requires me either to look for old MB for replacement, or build a new rig.
Pieces of 8-bit
Poster

Postby Pieces of 8-bit » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:29 pm

I remade the entire Daggerfall soundtrack. Perhaps the uniformity among tracks could be of value to this project. I count 72 tracks in all, though there were some duplicates which I omitted (thus the number jumps). If I missed anything, I'll be sure to fix it.

I am not sure of the song titles since I mostly used the file names from the game to determine their names. Any help in getting these song titles accurate would be appreciated.

Check it out here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... pU4dYqwVP0

Also, if you want to be awesome and support my project by checking out some of my other remakes for funsies, that would be cool of you. Maybe you'll hear something you like that takes you way back. I do this for the gamer community. Here's my playlists:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDDuWr ... /playlists
jet800
Senior-Member

Postby jet800 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:12 am

Pieces of 8-bit, this is amazing! A-MA-ZING I mean! :o :)
Although, I think for "shop" you kinda lost that funny and energizing feeling original had, but still this soundtrack is really cool!
greenlight
Senior-Member

Postby greenlight » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:52 pm

Wow, especially "Folk 2" (that's how far I am atm with your playlist) sounds AWESOME. Insta-nostalgia flash, even though I've obviously never heard this version before.

I'll comment more once I've finished listening through everything.
In Soviet Russia books burn nazis...
Pieces of 8-bit
Poster

Postby Pieces of 8-bit » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:14 pm

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback.

Yikes! I screwed up Shop and I'm glad you caught it. I had some channels muted and accidentally rendered it out that way. I'll fix it and reupload it later tonight. I attribute this to remaker's fatigue. 72 songs is no joke. It now holds the title for the biggest soundtrack I've remade (beating out the Japanese Final Fantasy 3 for the NES at like 60 songs). :)

I had someone ask me about a song that only plays at the end of the game. I am not sure I know what he's talking about. There's a little bit of synth and sound effects and a "now my champions" style voiceover ending, but I'm not interested in remaking that.

I put some extra stank on the Folk songs. :)

I didn't put this up for public download because I am not 100% sure what the laws are pertaining to the copyright of this material and, as a musician myself, I really am loathe to break them. I also posted this on Reddit and they are asking for downloads there. Advice? I would really love it if my remakes were of use to this project.

Edit: I fixed "Shop" and I am uploading it as we speak. In thanks to your vigilance, I doubled the length of the song and gave it some extra special treatment. It's now got over 80% more happiness. I think it turned out pretty dang good. ;)
greenlight
Senior-Member

Postby greenlight » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:11 am

I still haven't listened to all songs, but overall I really like that it's not full-blown orchestral, but stays relatively close to the original sound. Daggerfall is an old game, it's not a polished monolith done by 100 people, but developed by a handful of ambitious nerds, so it's just fitting if the scope of the music is a bit "smaller".

One thing though: The cymbal-thingy on "Snow is falling" and "Snowing" is a bit too sharp/loud/prominent in my opinion. An instrument with more volume in the lower frequencies might do better.

Edit: I'm not a lawyer, but I don't see a problem with uploading your versions on a filehoster. The game is released for free, and after all it's your personal variation/remake.
In Soviet Russia books burn nazis...
Pieces of 8-bit
Poster

Postby Pieces of 8-bit » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:24 am

Those are sleigh bells lol, and I was trying to camouflage them a bit because sleigh bells and snow/winter songs is pretty cliche and lame. Taking a second look though, maybe I got a little carried away. I'll mess around with it and I'll see what I can do. Don't hold it against me. :)

Here's what I'm talking about btw, if you want to see them.

http://www.interstatemusic.com/34675-LP ... CP373.aspx

Return to “Music Project”