Newcomer

Vexst
Lurker

Newcomer

Postby Vexst » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:18 pm

Hail all.

I've had my eye on this project for a while now and I can't wait for it to be more complete and would like to get involved if i can in anyway, looking at the NPC pictures already contributed I doubt i would have much to offer in the way of art, i am a musician by trade but i am persistent and quick learning.

As of late I've been dabbling in modding pictures in the game and learning a bit of shading, I've bin practicing and i just tried out X4 a picture,

Here it is, be nice to know what people think, it needs touching up on the left bit of hair and various things, if this is not up to scratch perhaps i could write some of the music.

cant figure out how 2 enlarge image :(

also i'm new to forums so forgive me if this is in the wrong thread
greenlight
Senior-Member

Re: Newcomer

Postby greenlight » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:18 am

This looks good!
I don't think the noble portraits should be a measure for all texture/portrait remakes, that would just take too much time to make.
However I don't know now which parts exactly need to be retextured and which parts are already done, maybe simply read through the threads in this section.
Maybe this topic can be moved to the belonging thread, but I'm not a moderator to judge this :P
In Soviet Russia books burn nazis...
Esterio

Postby Esterio » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:34 am

That's pretty neat! I am not sure if everyone else will be a fan because of their old school textures but maybe it could be implemented in the options for graphics, but if not it could always become a mod! Keep up the good work!
ESTERIO
"PLAYER OF MORROWIND"
Vexst
Lurker

Postby Vexst » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:29 pm

i was under the impression that all the images where going to be resized, its good to me as i like the original and all of the work i've done up until that face has all been made using the original scale.

good as i would not have to resize and texture what i already made so far, i will post some up.

i also went through most of the stock armor pieces in the game redrawing them and improving them (as far as my eyes can discern at least) keeping to the original style of the game and to the colour palettes, I'm having fun coloring and using the variable gray and blue,

I really hope that the XL version will allow for the blue variable to be used in armor pieces, it would make the gold trim so cool if you could have it in any of the colours and the same goes for the shoes and trousers which as far as i'm aware don't have that variable applied.

it would also be nice to be able to wear, shirt with an undergarment, and maybe even a jacket, but 3 layers on just the abdomen is going a bit overboard an where are the hats and gloves?

something else i did for a laugh was go through the npc non portrait images and steal the clothing from them and adapted it to the char, so far I've only made objects or the female human body shape.

Sorry if i blabber on!
Vexst
Lurker

Postby Vexst » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:51 pm

I made this armor set, still needs a bit of tweaking but it works in game.

Come in grayscale too.
Vexst
Lurker

Postby Vexst » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:51 pm

ImageImage

I've compiled the piece's together along with a .bat file for ANDYPIC to import them easily so anyone may use them if they wish, there are still a few faults that need doing but i wont be doing them for a while, namely the gloves. here is a link.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=19917911066005160735

EDIT
just remembered that the helm is not aligned for the default coordinates, i'll change that next time i come back to it.
yoyolll

Postby yoyolll » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:08 pm

I'm sure many will argue with me, but I like seeing people's original work/art/ideas rather than HD versions of what's already in the game. As long as you maintain the Daggerfall feel it will look good.

Also, if you're looking to contribute you should check out some of the other threads and post your work on them.
Intel Pentium II 233 Mhz
128 MB ram
i740 8mb @ 220 Mhz
15 gb HDD
Mr.Black

Postby Mr.Black » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:26 am

most people would prefer the classic Daggerfall look with a texture upgrade, though personally i wouldn't mind.

p.s i can't see any of the images, and the tinyupload.com link leads to a deleted file.
Dubba_D

Postby Dubba_D » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:54 pm

Sorry, but I can't seem to get to the pictures, nor would the server in the link let me. Could you perhaps update this so I could see it? Otherwise, IDK what's going on. :(
Segaboy
Lurker

Postby Segaboy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:01 am

I've had my eye on this project for a while now and I can't wait for it to be more complete and would like to get involved if i can in anyway, looking at the NPC pictures already contributed I doubt i would have much to offer in the way of art, i am a musician by trade but i am persistent and quick learning.
Decrease your exam stress by using our latest Certkiller a+ books pdf and best quality network+ N10-005 test questions We provide with 100% pass guarantee along with coloradocollege.edu and passguide.

Return to “Texture Project”