The DaggerXL Texture Project (NPC Portraits)

Mr.Black

Re: The DaggerXL Texture Project (NPC Portraits)

Postby Mr.Black » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:12 am

i think this project might be dead... :o
yoyolll

Postby yoyolll » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:17 am

Nah, just sleeping. It needs a little nudge from either Lucius or a new artist to get it lively again. There's some great textures here already.

Just an idea, is there any way we could make a sticky or an external site or something that has all the new textures and models in one place? That would make it a lot more organized and easier to look through.
Intel Pentium II 233 Mhz
128 MB ram
i740 8mb @ 220 Mhz
15 gb HDD
Phobos Anomaly
Senior-Member

Postby Phobos Anomaly » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:01 am

yoyolll wrote:Nah, just sleeping. It needs a little nudge from either Lucius or a new artist to get it lively again. There's some great textures here already.

Just an idea, is there any way we could make a sticky or an external site or something that has all the new textures and models in one place? That would make it a lot more organized and easier to look through.

A page where the three main projects can be shown in progress would be nice.

By "three main projects" I mean Graphics, Sounds and 3D Models. But that would require a team of altruistic enthusiasts to devote his time in maintain such page and store and organize all the assets.

A man can dream...
Ceruulean
Lurker

Postby Ceruulean » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:38 am

Isn't there a dropbox account somewhere where someone can invite people to add artistic assets? Maybe have individual folders per artist, and later combine them as seen fit?

BTW I'm working on a portrait, but it's taking me a long time to redo it.
yoyolll

Postby yoyolll » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:46 am

I think just having three stickies, one for textures, one for sounds, and one for models/sprites would be the most convenient way. Post all the images with the artist names and update as new ones are posted on these threads.
Intel Pentium II 233 Mhz
128 MB ram
i740 8mb @ 220 Mhz
15 gb HDD
HoonDing

Postby HoonDing » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:08 pm

So, uh, a bunch of Lutojar's portraits in this showcase thread seem to be dead links nowadays. Does anyone have them saved so that they can be reuploaded somewhere or at least shared amongst us nowadays? I've got a few that seem to have been 404'd since I saved them, but I'm still missing a number of them.
Angered Walrus
Junior-Member

Postby Angered Walrus » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:59 am

I've uploaded the ones that I have here (without the bonus images), unfortunately I'm missing Gothryd, Elysana and Lord Bridwell. Hopefully someone else will be able to fill the gaps.
HoonDing

Postby HoonDing » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:39 pm

I have Lord Bridwell, here you go.

Thanks for your upload. For the sake of redundancy, I'll upload all of the portraits I have, which are essentially everything you've shared + Bridwell. If someone else has Gothryd and Elysana, we'll have a full set. This is just like trading cards!

Anyway, here's another archive.

edit: Thanks to DavahkiinDemon, the above archive includes Gothryd and Elysana, and therefore every NPC portrait Lutojar did, as far as I know. Hooray! Now, everybody save them in case any of the extant downloads go extinct and we need to do this again. >.>
Last edited by HoonDing on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
DovahkiinDemon

Postby DovahkiinDemon » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:00 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m40u28kjajsho ... a.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/poy9bbq7vbdq ... KaZHnLbria

I saved these a while back. I was actually missing Harth so thanks for sharing what you had! It's a shame that lutojar poofed, because I would have really liked it if he finished this project.
HoonDing

Postby HoonDing » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:34 am

Thanks, DovahkiinDemon, I've added what you saved to the archive. If Klasodeth was down for updating the original showcase thread, I'd be willing to host all the pictures individually on my Dropbox for direct-link image hosting goodness. Imgur would probably be better in this case, but it makes no difference to me.

Return to “Texture Project”